Setting the standard in drilling.
Our Commitment to Safety
Protecting our people, environment and assets safety, quality, health and consideration for the environment are integral to everything we do. With an excellent safety record, our Total Recordable Incident Rate (TRIR) is 2.9 per million hours.
We continually strive to create a safe and efficient workplace where there are no accidents, injuries or losses. Everyone who works with us must demonstrate safe behaviour, every day.
To optimise safety, we:
- Take responsibility for our own and others’ safety through proper planning and implementation, and by taking the time to carry out all necessary inspections and maintenance.
- Establish work processes, goals and performance indicators to control, measure and improve work performance, risk management and emergency preparedness.
- Stop operations and immediately react to unsafe acts and conditions, and operate within the limits and capacity of the equipment.
- Risk-assess our tasks and discuss them with everyone involved. If accidents should occur, it’s the responsibility of our emergency preparedness to do the utmost to reduce injury and loss. Saving lives is our highest priority.
- Monitor our people's health in job-related risks.
- Apply efficient technologies to reduce the potential negative environmental impact of existing operations.
- Implement measures to ensure that our operations are in compliance with internal and external requirements and the expectations of governmental authorities, customers and partners.
- Work actively to achieve our goal of preventing accidental discharges and emissions, ensuring that emergency plans are in place to limit the harm to the environment in the event of an accidental spill.