Working for Us
Seadrill is a global leader in offshore drilling with the world’s most modern fleet.
What selection tools does Seadrill use?
In order to provide a proper evaluation, we always use the following selection tools:
- Proof of certification where required
- CEB Candidate Assessment in advance of interview
- Reference checks
- Medical certificate or examination
Will there be any pre-employment checks?
In some regions, before you can start your employment with Seadrill you will need to successfully complete our pre-employment screening process. In the UK this is completed for us by our partners Hire Right. Usually the checks would include
- Identity verification
- Educational qualifications check
- Professional qualifications check
- 5 years Employment History (if applicable)
- Criminal check
- Credit check
You will be sent an email asking you to follow a link and complete the online form (hosted on a secure website), and in some cases you may be contact to provide supporting documents.
You will be supported throughout the screening process, but it is your responsibility to provide complete and accurate information and appropriate evidence at all stages of the process.
What does Seadrill look for in a candidate?
In addition to the requirements detailed in the job description, and any mandatory requirements from relevant authorities, we also use the following criteria to evaluate your suitability for the role you’re applying for:
- Sharing our values: Safety-conscious, Accountable, Inspirational, Loyal and Proactive
- A good work ethic, with the ability to create trust and maintain confidentiality
- Residency, and ability to work in a different country
- Language skills, and ability to communicate (verbal/written skills)
- Ability to prioritise
- IT skills
- Willingness to further develop your skills
English is not my first language. Is the application/recruitment process carried out in any other languages?
English is our business language, and some application and recruitment process communications will be conducted in English. However, in some locations, interviews will be conducted in the local language.
Who can I talk to if I need to check on the progress of my application?
We will contact you directly after each stage of the process, to give you an update on the status of your application.
Will I need to pay for my work permit?
Seadrill does not ask prospective employees to cover the cost of work permits or other relevant permits in the country of operation.
Seadrill does not use recruiting or placement agencies that charge candidates an advance fee of any kind (e.g. placement fees, immigration processing fees etc).